Monday, June 30, 2008

Tire Flips

WOD: 6/30/08
4 rounds of
10 tire flips
20 push-ups
25 box jumps (24" box)
200 meter run
2 minutes rest

I was thinking the same thing as you, that doesn't look all that hard. Believe me, it was intense and the rest breaks just forced you to work that much harder during each round. I started in the second wave and had to wait a few times for an open tire but my total time was 23 something. I wasn't very happy with my effort and I wish I would have started at the same time as Matt so I could try to keep up with him. I know should have pushed myself harder on the runs because I used them more to catch my breath cause the box jumps were killer.

After the WOD I did some work on my butterfly kipping pull-ups again. I was able to string 7 together this time with out losing my rhythm so I am getting better! They still look a little sloppy but that will come with more practice. My goal is to be able to do 30 pull-ups the next time we go for our 1 set max. I know I can do it if I just keep working at it.

No comments: