Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Poor Shoulders

WOD: 7/1/08
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
12 Wall Balls (20)
12 KB Swings (1.5 pood)

I finished exactly 12 rounds with 5 seconds left on the clock and I called it good. This workout was brutal on my shoulders. After 4 rounds I had to break the KB swings in to 6 and 6 reps but I kept all the wall balls together until the last round when my shoulders were about to give out after the first 5 shots. I went in to class aiming for 12 but when we started I was thinking more like 10 because the workout was much harder than it looked (as usual). I was happy to get through 12 though. I actually had just finished round 11 when they called one minute left so I pushed as hard as I could through the last round to finish. I didn't even break up the KB swings in the round. Afterwards I couldn't even lift a bottle of water to my mouth to take a drink. Next time I am shooting for 14.

No comments: