Friday, July 11, 2008

No Hand Rips!!!

WOD: 7/10/08
Ten rounds for time of:
10 Pull-ups
20 Sit-ups
30 Air Squats

I was really excited and worried at the same time for this workout. Excited because I wanted to try my new butterfly technique on the pull-ups and worried because it was going to be 100 total pull-ups and a hand rip seemed very likely. Luckily for me, Ricky had some special tape he wrapped my bad hand in and I was pretty solid from there. The only problem left was the fact that we now have a new pull-up standard. No longer is getting your chin above the bar good enough, we now have to touch our chest to the bar for it to be a non-scaled pull-up. This put a damper on my ability to do the butterfly kips.

As for my total time; I actually DNF in the 25 minutes we were given. I got through 10 pull-ups on round 10 before time was called. I took too many break, mostly with the pull-ups to rest my hands. I am disappointed that I didn't finish but I am very happy my hands made it through! Hopefully they are just getting stronger and stronger so eventually they won't tear at all anymore.

On a sad note, I won't be at CrossFit until next Wednesday and more likely Thursday of next week. I am going to San Francisco this weekend and I don't get back until midnight Tuesday and then I am going to have to mow on Wednesday. Hopefully I am able to do something in San Fran, perhaps even a WOD or two if possible.

No comments: