Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Shoes!!

Before you get the wrong idea, let me make one thing clear. I love my Vibram Five Fingers, I do, but as of late, it seems as though the three of us are growing apart. I would say it's me but that would be a lie. It seems like I have been trying so hard to make things work and no matter what I do things just keep getting worse. And as of late I noticed that my eyes have been straying towards other footwear more and more. Yesterday I even went out looking for something to fill the void I have been feeling. In an ill advised move, I decided on a spur of the moment to head to the store by myself. So there I was, without a wing man, trying to figure out what it is I really want in life. Here on one hand I have this amazing pair of shoes that I've had a great time with and on the other, the possibility of having anything I want. I was in a pickle. But life has taught me that should never make decisions under that kind of pressure nor with out advice from someone you trust. So I just went home empty-handed. Then today I went out with my brother and after a few failed attempts I think I found a pair that I could really see a future with. I'm really excited but nervous all at the same time. I still haven't worked out in them yet and I am hoping that once we finally do get to that point I am hoping that my performance is up to par. Wish me luck!!

But seriously, the Vibrams were awesome to work out in and they all but cured my arch problems I was having. I would recommend them to anyone. However, I hated running in them and there was just one other small thing that I couldn't get over, the smell. I have naturally sweats palms and feet and once you combine a couple months of sweaty feet with a rubber insole you get well, something bad. I tried everything from washing, to febeezing, to freezing, to baking soda and vinegar. Nothing seemed to work. So I found these new shoes, Nike Sparqs. They are a minimalist type of shoe so I am hoping they work for me. And I hope they don't bring back my arch problems.

If everything works out the way I think it can, this could be it for me. I could officially take my self off the market and commit to one pair... at least for a little while :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I could never commit to just one pair......

I looked at a pair of the Sparq's too. Let me know how they work out for you.

B3nj4m1n said...

I can't wait to meet the new shoes.

hannah eileen said...

Hey nerd, you can wash your 5 fingers. I do about once every month or two. You just can't dry them. That will help the nasty ass smell radiating from your feet!