Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good Times! Good Times!!

Yesterday was a fun day. It was sort of like recess in a way where we were all just messing around seeing what our last couple months of training has accomplished. I attempted max pull-ups and got 36 before my grip gave, I tried weight push-ups and was able to get 12 reps with 99# on my back, and then I played around with handstand walks and holds. It was a fun day and a nice sort of rest style day while attempting some fun performance feats. Next time, 50 pull-ups and 135# weighted push-ups...

I am excited because I am getting my diet back in order and I am feeling a lot better throughout the day. And looking forward to tomorrow's WOD I am pumped and can't wait for 5:30. Tomorrow's metcon includes middle-weight thrusters which addresses my glaring weakness I discussed in my last post. Hopefully the work day flies by!

It's interesting to see how much CrossFit has become a part of my life. At first it was just a great workout. Then it became a fun competition between colleagues. You start getting to know the people work out with and instead of feeling like going to the gym, its like going to hang out with your friends. Soon you start talking about the day's WOD to pretty much everyone. They don't understand what the obsession is until they try it and suddenly they find it is a great workout, then a fun competition, and before you know it, they are talking to everyone about the day's WOD. And I get to say, I told you so.

So here's to many more I told you so's!!

No comments: