Monday, February 23, 2009

New PRs

I missed the first strength day of this cycle due to work (again...) but the other two days were pretty successful. Sunday was split jerk and deadlift. My previous PR was 208# and I knew I could beat that. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling the greatest due to a late night filled with bad decisions :) However, I was able to put up 218# and I just missed on 228#. For the deadlift I worked up to 374# x 3 reps which was also a PR. Today we did one rep max hang power snatches. I don't remember what my last max was but I know that I beat it tonight. I struggled with 142# for several tries but I finally started getting it and was able to sloppily put up 154# on my last attempt.

Tomorrow is a rest day but I think I am going to go in anyway since I will be gone Saturday through Wednesday. I am going up to Breckenridge with some of my good friends for pretty much a last spring break trip with "the guys." I am really looking forward to the trip because we all get along really well and its a pretty good group of guys to be stuck with for 120 hours. This is actually the 4th time we have gone on this trip (some guys have gone every time, some not) so we are all fairly decent skiers. I am more careful (they call it slow, ha!) because I blew out my knee in the second year. The third year my knee held up fine but then I hurt it again last February while moshing at a concert. So it looks like I am going to have to be careful (slow) again this time so I don't ruin my chances of competing in Denver. Its going to be a weekend of little sleep, lots of leg work and hundreds of 12 ounce curls. I can't wait!!

No comments: