Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ahhhhh, Rest!!!

As today rounded out the last day of our first cycle of metcons, I can't help but be glad tomorrow is a rest day. All three WODs have been physically and mentally demanding in completely different ways. I can say with 90% certainty that if tomorrow wasn't a rest day, I would take one anyway. I guess that's probably the point of the programming though.

I have nearly finished my book and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with my diet for the next few weeks. Dr. Willey calls it the Isocaloric Diet, which pretty much means eating the same amount of calories from carbs, protein and fats. Sound familiar? It is very similar to the Zone Diet which is why I am going to still use my Zone prescription but instead of eating the same amount of blocks from each for every meal or snack, I am going to experiment with the timing of each type. The majority of my carb intake will be breakfast and the two hour window around my workouts. The rest of the day I am going to focus more on protein and fats along with eating "free"carbs, or "favorable" carbs as the Zone calls them.

As for my workouts yesterday and today, I feel pretty good about them. I am no where near where I want to be but I can tell that I am making progress. Tuesday was a heavy metcon, which are my favorite workouts, and I was pretty excited to see how I could perform. I wanted to get 7 full rounds completed but I fell short by 2/3 of a round. Today was my nemesis, high rep with lots of legs in a metcon. I was shooting for under 20 minutes and missed but I am happy that I was able to keep my breath and I was able to push the limit a little further finishing this WOD.

Tuesday (2/10/09):
AMRAP in 20 of
2 rope climbs
4 thrusters (154 lbs)
6 box jumps (36 in)
I completed 6 full rounds, 2 climbs and 1 thruster

Wednesday (2/11/09):
3 rounds for time
50 SDLHP (65 lbs)
50 burpees
Time: 21:22

No comments: