Monday, January 05, 2009

Day 1: The Start of Something Great

I have been debating it for a while and I finally decided this weekend that I was going to train to compete in the CrossFit regionals in Denver this May. I am relatively new to CrossFit (7 months) and I have never been in a competition that is as taxing to your mind and your body as CrossFit is, and that scares the crap out of me. But then I realized that it doesn't matter if I come in first or if I come in last at the games, as long as I put my heart, blood, sweat and tears all in. Now I have a clear cut goal, a couple of great coaches and an amazing group of athletes all working together towards elite fitness. No body can stop us!

Today was Day 1: my first day of being in the Zone (even though I cheated because a co-worker brought in home-made cherry cheesecake, but I only had a small piece) and the first of 5 strength days at CrossFit Omaha. Today was back squats - 3 rep max. I built up to 262 pounds (PR) and barely got through the second rep, but with Ricky and the others encouraging me, I pushed through on the third. I am starting to sense where I would normally give up when it comes to strength days and I was able to push through that point today. I hope I can soon get to that point with MetCon workouts too.

Great Day 1 - definitely looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: