Monday, January 12, 2009

Week 2: Struggling a Bit

I started last week by shopping for my Monday - Saturday meals. Sunday night I prepared a bunch of things so I could make breakfast and lunch fairly easily. Monday I dove right in and started Zoning. This wasn't the greatest idea since my body wasn't used to that much food, especially broccoli. Tuesday I felt like I had a minor fever and had an uneasy stomach all day. Needless to say I didn't eat any more broccoli last week. The rest of the week I kept pretty close to my Zone guidelines but I decided it would be best to ease into it. This weekend was bad though. I had a wedding on Saturday and had no food at home on Sunday so I ate out twice. Plus, I still haven't gone shopping this week. I really need to make sure I go tomorrow.

In terms of training, last week was pretty good. I set a bunch of new PR's in some of my strength lifts and I learned that I need a lot of work on my technique on some of the other. And since we had 5 straight days of strength, we took the weekend off to rest up for today.... Today we started following the main site workouts. In order for us to be able to compete with the top atheltes in our region we are going to have to step it up in terms of load and intensity and the ".com" workouts are the best way to do so.

Our group that is training for the regional qualifier for the CrossFit Games is going to be put through some pretty rough times. I'm nervous as hell for what each day's WOD is going to be and I worry that I won't be able to stay on top of my nutrition plan, but I get excited just thinking about competing! I know that the desire to be the best that I can be will motivate me to eat right and push myself to the limits of my physical capacity. And to help keep myself accountable I am going to make an active effort to write here at least 4 times a week about my progress.

No comments: