Monday, January 19, 2009

I Hate Running

Friday was the start of the next cycle of CrossFit mainsite WODs and I was excited to get back to hitting it hard after taking a rest day Thursday. I was pretty nervous for Friday's workout because there were a lot of reps and some pretty big weaknesses of mine all tied together in a brutal workout. It was,

For time:
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 30 reps
50 Pull-ups

30 GHD Sit-ups
30 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 20 reps
35 Pull-ups

50 GHD Sit-ups
50 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 10 reps
20 Pull-ups

The GHD situps were killer and the last 50 took me forever to do. I ended up not finishing (DNF) in the 25 minute time limit Ricky gave us. All I had left were the last thrusters and pull-ups though.


Saturday we were supposed to run a 10k. I don't think I have ever run a 10k and I can't even remember the last time I ran even a mile. I am terrible at running, I get shin splints easily and my arches start to hurt after awhile. I know a lot of it has to do with my old ass shoes but I don't want to get new ones cause I want to train to use my five finger shoes. BUt you have to slowly ease into running with them otherwise you can easily overtrain and end up starting all over. So on Saturday I ran about 2.5 to 3 miles with a couple people from the gym. It wasn't too bad but my shins were starting to hurt and my calves we on fire the whole next day.


Sunday we did full squat cleans and I got to 208 pounds. It is a PR for me but I know I should be able to lift more. I just need to continue to work on my technique.


Today was another rest day so I am excited to hit it hard again tomorrow. The WOD looks tough but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

No comments: