Wednesday, November 19, 2008

400 Club

Today was a workout that I have been wanting to do for a couple weeks now and I was glad to see it on the blog last night. We did 10 rounds of 1 rep deadlifts with the goal of setting a new 1 rep max weight PR. I have never done 1 rep max deadlifts but about 2 months ago we did 5 rep max and I was able to get to 308 pounds. So today I started with the goal of hitting 350.

I did: 174-194-218-242-264-284-308-328-352-374-384-401

I used 12 rounds to get there but I decided after 10 rounds I wanted to try to go a little heavier. I struggled with 384 and I decided to call it a night but a couple of the guys convinced me to try get in to the 400 club, a newly created achievement club for CrossFitters here in Omaha.

Yesterday I wasn't able to make it in to CrossFit due to a conflict with work. My CFO is in town for the week and he wanted to take some of the accounting department out to dinner. I look up to him so much and I have a great deal of respect for him so this was an opportunity for me to be around him in a social setting. The meal was great and the conversation was, for the most part, not work related. Sure I missed a day of CrossFit and volleyball but I am glad I was able to be there. I hope to work with him more in the future so I can learn from him and, hopefully some day, be as successful as him.

No comments: