Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What the hell happened to me?!?

While the title of this blog is the same as one of Adam Sandler's old albums, trust me when I say that I am not in any way referencing his hilarious CD. I am simply stating an obvious question... What the hell happened to me?

I don't know what it is but I haven't had any kind of energy lately. It seems like I am always tired. There are really only two times in the day that I feel awake and full of energy: between 10AM and about 3PM and then after 8PM. Otherwise I feel like I am in a constant state of drowsiness. I have especially been having a hard time getting motivated go to CrossFit. Even when I do go, I feel bogged down, like I can't even push myself half as hard as I used to. Something needs to change...

One thing that has contributed to this slump was some kind of bug I had for about 3-4 weeks. I had a terrible sore throat for a little over two weeks that progressed into a sore throat and cough that finally went away a few days ago. I don't know what it was but a couple people in my office had the same thing.

I can also attribute much of my lack of energy to my diet and lifestyle. It seems every weekend I have another reason to binge drink. Then I eat like crap and lounge around to recover. Then I skip going shopping for healthy food cause I am too tired. So the next couple days I eat out. The next thing I know, its the weekend again there's another wedding, bachelor party, work party or holiday that calls for excessive drinking. The worst part is, I don't see it ending any time soon. Every weekend in August has something on either Friday, Saturday or both...

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun and I don't regret any of it. But it is starting to take more of a toll on me and it's time to try to get back on some kind of diet plan. I went to the grocery store last night for the first time in 3 weeks I ate pretty well today. Yay!! I also need to work on determining what I can do to keep full of energy all throughout the day and I supposed that has a lot to do with what and when I eat. Any tips?

But enough of the depressing talk, here's some pics some of my favorite times of the summer so far!!


Shots at the rehearsal dinner!


At Grant's wedding!



Tailgating at the CWS!



Limo for Dusty's bachelor party!

No comments: