Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Where did the time go?

Well it has been a long time since I have posted anything here. My energy level has been lower recently and I think it is largely due to my diet. I have been eating better and more “zone-ish” with and emphasis on proteins and fats. Besides the occasional vending machine slip or an order of fries here and there I have been keeping my carbs to a minimum with only milk, a piece of fruit or two and about 3 blocks of veggies a day. The weekends have been a little different though. I have cut back dramatically on my drinking the past few months but I still tend to imbibe too much too often. There always seems to be some kind of event that involves drinking every weekend. Off the top of my head, I can think of almost a dozen this year already: Superbowl, Mardi Gras, Saint Patty’s Day, March Madness (multiple weekends), the NFL Draft, Borsheim’s Cocktail Reception, concerts, birthdays and graduations. Don’t forget about volleyball and softball where the majority of people drink when playing those too. So with all the temptation I face it’s hard not to give in. But like I said, I have cut back a lot from this time last year so at least I am moving in the right direction.

As for the competition coming up in just over 10 days, I feel I am in the best shape I have been in since I was in high school. There is a lot of room for improvement though and I have an idea of about how well I will do. So this year I am looking forward to the experience of the competition and also opportunity to watch some amazing athletes compete in a sport which I have become addicted to. I’m proud to have been able to train with some great athletes these past few months and I can’t wait to compete with you guys (and girls) in Denver!!

Best of luck to everyone!

No comments: