Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Another Step!

On the last post I wrote about tackling your fear of the dark and scary basement, or in fitness terms, the fear of discomfort. Well I am proud to say today that I think I took another step towards the bottom. The last exercise of today's WOD for me was the wall balls and I chose 8 reps for each of the 8 rounds. By the fourth round I would have quit any other day but I pushed through. By the last round everything was getting a little foggy but I still pushed through and got my 8 reps. This was by far the furthest I have pushed myself in a metcon.

WOD: 4/1/2009
Tabata "Fight Gone Bad" -- no April Fools here
Wall Balls x 8 rounds
SDHP (2 pd KB) x 8
Box Jumps x 8
Push Press (75# bar) x 8
Row x 8

My rotation started with SDHP and ended on wall balls and my lowest for each exercise was 11,13,6,6,8 for a total of 44. I am disappointed about the push press because I only got 6 when I started out with 11. My technique was nearly non-existent as my back felt arched and I barely used any legs. Add that to the long list of things I need to work on...

According to most of the others, this was a tough WOD but not as bad as Fight Gone Bad itself. I am going to have to disagree. This was much tougher than I remember FGB being. But I guess I have to take in to fact that I only did FGB once and I probably didn't push as hard as I did today. I guess I'll never know until I do it again sometime... hopefully not soon though :)

On a side note, I decided that I am going to end all my posts with a random fact about myself.

RF #1: I am left-handed but right-footed. I can do some things with my right hand like bat and spike a volleyball, but watch me try to kick a ball left-footed and I might end up on the ground.

No comments: